Monday, September 15, 2008

Do You Really Want To Hurt Me



My poor baby is in the thick of some major teething troubles. I am pretty sure she is getting the incisors/fangs in. Saturday and Sunday she had been running fevers and barely able to sleep comfortably. Saturday night she was waking up every 20 minutes, screaming in pain. She is hardly eating and that is shocking in itself because she always wants to eat. I've tried everything to ease the pain but nothing seems to help...not even the magical Hyland's Teething Tablets.

Despite it all,she tries to flash us a smile here and there but her mood has been mostly on the cranky side. Really cranky. I don't blame her, I remember getting my wisdom teeth in when Ava was getting in her first year molars and yowza! it hurt bad. Not bad meaning good but bad meaning bad.

When I hear people say that their kids never had teething troubles or even knew that their child had popped a tooth, I can't help but feel a bit jealous. My girls will let you know loud and clear that they are in immense pain and you, too, shall suffer...with a bite. We've had two casualties so far...... Ian's nose and my nipple.(and I'm not breast-feeding!)

She's got seven teeth now, so that makes 13 more of these terrible teething woes to go.

Does anyone know where I can get an suit of armor at?



Fever just broke and she's got her "ready to chomp" look.

4 Ramble On:

Brennan said...

Awww...Poor Ruby. I can't believe the Hylands Teething Tablets didn't work. They have always worked for my kids...she must be in a ton of pain.

AND WOW that last picture she has changed so much since I last saw her and is getting so big. Is she walking now?

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Henry's teething, too... He can't stop pooping and has terrible diaper rash. He's in more pain from his baboon ass than from his teeth, I think.

OUCH! Your nipple?!?! It seriously took me by painful surprise for Henry to bite me on the shoulder day before yesterday. Holy shit, I can't imagine if it had been my nipple.

Hope she feels better soon!

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Poooooooor Ruby! Evan has a horrible time with teeth, too. They take forever to come in for him. Owen was a one day and pop kind of kid. Each one is so different.

S_girls Mom said...

Poor everyone for getting bit and poor Ruby for being in pain! She looks so big - maybe we can have Sofia and Ruby race next week if you can make it over to our house!