Tuesday, September 16, 2008

All 'n My Grill

On Monday, Ava had her very first dental appointment. She was very excited to go and couldn't stop talking about it for hours afterwards. They counted her teeth and she has an extra tooth, a lovely little snaggly one, I might add. Unfortunately, it is making her teeth crowd on top and she will eventually have to get it pulled and braces put on. No surprise there, the 'rents were not blessed in the straight teeth department and by the looks of it, Ruby will be sporting braces as well.

She was a bit bothered by the bright light shining down on her while the hygienist cleaned her teeth. She was unable to don the cool '80s glasses they offered her because the day before she decided to re-enact that "Brady Bunch" episode where Marcia gets hit in the nose with a football. But instead of a football, her nose made full contact with an end table which resulted in a swollen nose and a black eye. "Mom always says don't run in the house."

She had a great time and had the office in stitches with her absolute cuteness, crazy questions and her very vocal observations. When we left she immediately asked when we could visit again.


"Whatcha talking about Pam, you wanna put what.... where?

"Hee, Hee. That tickles me, Pam!"

Under that cute smile, I can't help but see this:




"The Wallet Breaker"

4 Ramble On:

Anonymous said...

aww! This really makes me miss her so much! I miss little Ruby's sweet smiles too
I gotta see them soon!
Cat

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

I'm going to show Owen what a brave girl Ava was. His male friends have not been quite so brave in this department.

Unknown said...

The first photo/caption are PRICELESS!!! I love it :)

Kevin McKeever said...

I remember my girl's 1st dentist appointment. Wild West themed office. Shades to keep out the bright lights. Cool flavored toothpaste and floss. Dang it! Dentists should be feared! How else do you motivate the kids to brush?