Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hello, I Love You

My dear, Ava, has been asking me every day since we've returned from the funeral out east if she can see her cousins Stuart and Mary Katherine. I've explained to her that they live very far away and someday soon we will see them again. Those kids must have left quite an impression on her because she likes to go into great detail of the time she spent with them. Which was maybe, a total of 10hrs. I get to hear about it all.day.long.

So after the hundredth time telling her that, no we are not going to go see them after she wakes up from nap, I persuaded that she write them a letter.

Not really expecting her to take me seriously, I go about my business finishing supper clean up and then come upon this:




I didn't even know she could make the letter "H". "i" I knew she had mastered but "H"? Then combining them together to form a word. I had no idea! I'm so proud of her.

8 Ramble On:

Anonymous said...

did you get a new tv stand?

cat

lisa said...

yes.just doing my part to stimulate the economy. i'm selfless like that.

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Owen started to recall memories in vivid detail at about her same age. Hmmm. That is really cool that she wrote HI!

Anonymous said...

from what i can see, it looks like a nice tv stand!

cat

Anonymous said...

LOL! Smart little cookie!!! LOL at the tag!!!!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! My son just started to say the word "Hiiiiii" this week - how funny.

Unknown said...

From Stuart and Mary Kathryn...

We had a great time out east despite the nature of our visit! We miss you guys too and look forward to seeing you guys again. We will be going to Illinois at Christmas. Will you be there?

We love you guys! Keep in touch!

lisa said...

Catfish, we will there with bells on!

OMG! Ava is going to be so excited when I tell her.