Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Heat Is On

After debating with myself all morning on whether to turn the heat on or not...I decided to put on a pair of socks and wrap myself up,burrito style, in a blanket.

Hubby woke up and thought it was rather chilly in the house and I told him it was a breezy 43 degrees out despite the sunny- like appearances outside.

That's when a miracle happened..... the guy with a built-in sweater........ suggested we turn the heat on!

So I did. It sure is o' so nice to feel my toes again.

I was hoping not to have to turn the heat on until November...mid- October at the earliest but I admit......I'm a wimp.

I hate being cold, although I love winter. Strange, I know, but I don't like to have to wear a coat while in my own home.......like I do at my mom's.

When do you turn your heat on? Do you have a month wait out like I was supposed to or do you turn it on when it dips below a certain amount? At what temperature do you average?

I like to average around 76 degrees, but I have been known, much to hubby's chagrin, to put it up as high as 82. Ian likes it no higher than 70.

Just curious to see if you all are as wimpy as me.


This was taken just last week.


*Note the warm weather attire and humidity infused hair.

11 Ramble On:

Anonymous said...

Well, you've visited us in the winter, right? We keep it high 50's/low 60's. We wait until the inside temperature gets in the low sixties until we turn the heat on. even if it's cool outside, it stays pretty warm inside for a while.
Admittedly, it can get unbearable at times :/

Anonymous said...

that was me, Cat, up above :)

Anonymous said...

I am always hot. ALWAYS, we actually ran the air conditioner last night, I was so damned hot.

Soggy Granola Mom said...

Ha...wimp! We haven't turned it on over here yet. During the winter we usually stay upstairs and keep the temp set to somewhere around 65 during the day and 60 at night. I love it chilly at night and cuddling up with lots of blankets. I would be sweating like crazy if I set it to 76 or 82. The highest it goes in the winter is 70. And, that's just when we have company or when my husband sneaks it up there.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Dad had an influence there! Gabe's the same way. Me, after all the cold winters back home sitting on heat grate for 30 min before school just to warm up- I'm all for at least 75
at least it's pretty temperate in the witer down here- now summer is whole nother issue...

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

We turned ours on a couple days ago and then again last night. If I need to get the edge off, I turn it up to 72, but I like to keep it at 68. We turn it down at night if we remember, but I HATE trying to get up in the morning when it's cold and I don't know how to program ours. Our house is so old!

Anonymous said...

I am a huge wimp as well, but in KY you really cannot turn your heat on in October. Some one will come find you and kick your wimp butt.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must be cool at all times... Plus I live in Georgia, it's an inferno. So, we sometimes run the a/c year round... And it must not (heat or air) be set above 72. I prefer 70. You'd freeze in my house and then walk outside and fry like a piece of bacon...

Manager Mom said...

I have a space heater that I use in the summer to offset the chill of the air conditioning.

When it comes to the cold, I'm a total wuss.

~Steph said...

I'm a wimp like you are! (Though in principal I can't turn the heat on until at least mid-October.) We keep it cool to keep costs down...if memory serves, like 65 during the day and 60 at night--though occasionally I crank it up during the day if I'm really cold! Hardwood and tile floors do NOT keep the toes warm!! We do have small, efficient heaters in the bedrooms to help at night. (Though I get paranoid about leaving the boys' on when I go to bed.)

In the summertime, we only have a window A/C, and it takes a LONG time to get Dave to put it in. I usually have to threaten to take the boys to a hotel because it's midnight and still 85 in the house, and then he finally pulls it down from the attic. (Old houses...)

Brennan said...

Well truth is I hate the winter and the fall. I hate to be cold. I like the temp around 70...well that is mine and Kevin's negotiated temp...I really like it as high as 80 but he won't let me do that. I have talked him into 72 sometimes. I am a wimp...we don't have our heat on yet and Sunday it was 37 when we woke up...and only 66 today.