Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On the Road Again

We are leaving in a few hours to drive all the way to the east side of Virginia. That will take from Minnesota, with no stops, approximately 18hrs but traveling with 2 kids add in about another 4 more hrs. I know Ava will do great but I am a little nervous as how long Ruby will tolerate it. She is, after all,9 months old and on the go go go and under no certain terms likes being buckled in her seat for more than an hour. Hopefully by going late she will remain asleep most of the way.

This trip will be one filled with deep sadness as we are going to a funeral.for a 14 yr old. that took his own life.

I am stunned and have this need to know why. And from the story gathered this child was a perfectionist. So much so that instead of risk embarrassment or failure... he chose death.

That just tears my heart.

I am really at a loss for words but my mind is racing and I will explore these feelings at a later post.

All I want to do is hug my children tighter and let them enjoy being "just" three and nine months old, nothing more. This time is magical and I don't want them to feel pressured from me to have to be something more than what they already are........innocent.

7 Ramble On:

Shannon Bodke said...

I am very sorry to hear this Lisa, drive safely and let us know if we can do anything.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

That is a deep and painful loss. Be safe in your travels and lean on one another.

Lucie

CzaMama said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa.

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Oh, Lisa. How horrible. Hug the girls for me, too. Poor Ava will be so confused. I am really feeling for you and your loved ones right now.

Yellow Beads said...

oh, sorry to hear this.

S_girls Mom said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have to travel again, especially with a baby and for the reason. Suicide isn't something that we can understand, just be good to yourself and your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. That is just so very, very sad. I'm so sorry. Be careful.