Saturday, August 2, 2008

Loose Lips

We were coming home from the store where Ava had been very dramatic and persnickety and she wasn't letting up while on our drive home. I turned the radio up, way up, as so Ava wouldn't hear Ian and I discuss the situation.

"What's wrong with her?" Ian whispers.

"I don't know what's wrong with her, Ian, but she has been so emotional since she's turned three. It must be a three thing. Three is way worse than two."

"I'M NOT SO EMOTIONAL!" screams Ava, enunciating every letter slowly and totally proving our point.

Ian and I look at each other with wide-eyes and we are thinking simultaneously "WTF? She reads lips now?"

Better brush up on my Pig Latin.

*********************

We are no longer referred to mommy or daddy anymore, we've been demoted to "you guys".

"Hey you guys, I have an idea! I go upstairs and get my monies, we go to Tarjay and I get green Carebear, it'll be fun of course!"

Um yeah, it wasn't fun.

She'd been pestering us for a week about buying that green Carebear and then we get to the store....she doesn't even want it anymore. We walk around forever till she finally decides she wants a Little Pony instead...to add to the 20 she already has.

4 Ramble On:

Anonymous said...

It's a 3 thing. I always said that 3's are way worse than 2's. I call them the trying three's stage. Trying my patience. Wow she has great hearing!

p.s. I will totally understand if you want to ship her off to my house before next summer.

Heather

~Steph said...

Oh yeah...I've never understood why people say "terrible twos"! I usually say (sarcastically of course) "terrific threes".

Fours can be trying too... (Just so you feel better!) :)

Jeanna said...

Sorry, but I can't stop laughing! Two's are pretty bad, but from what i've been told and now heard, im dreading Max being three!

Brennan said...

Ok, that is funny and I am already anticipating the fun I am going to have with a little girl. I keep asking Kevin WHAT AM I GOING TO DO. As you know I know that the 4 boys are easy, but a girl...OH MY!