Friday, August 8, 2008

Fever

My body temperature is rising, my head is spinning, I'm sweating buckets,having fits of uncontrolled crying, the lump in my throat, the chills,the screaming, a dry mouth, the gnashing of teeth, my eyes are burning, and I can't sleep.

I have a fever....Olympic Fever...that is!


I adore the Olympics. I especially like watching the more obscure events...such as Rhythmic Gymnastics,Badminton, Speed Walking, Sand Volleyball, Karate, and Water Polo. With a little training and hard work those events seem somewhat attainable,for even me,to excel at unlike women's gymnastics, the 100 meter dash, free diving and so on which require intense drive , years upon years of training and a mix of great genes to achieve success.

Two weeks with Bob Costas and the inspiring interviews to come...I can't get enough of this stuff. I love it!




2 Ramble On:

Trooper Thorn said...

The Olympics are great but I think events would be more interesting if they were all equestrian. Equestrian diving, equestrian boxing, equestrian rowing. I wouldn't be able to turn off the TV.

Yellow Beads said...

I watched the gymnastics last night--poor USA gals--they need to pull it together--I felt so bad for them!