Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crosseyed and Painless

At least for the next 4hrs.

For the past 9 months following Ruby's birth I had been experiencing what I can only describe as continued morning sickness.Throwing up almost daily, heartburn, and experiencing very slow digestion. I thought that my hormones were just adjusting from having a baby. Then I went back on birth control that I had not been on for at least 4.5 years and I thought that may have been contributing to all the body madness. It wasn't until I started having chest pains that would not go away that I knew something wasn't right.

On Monday I ended up in the E.R. with severe chest pain extending to my upper back. While on vacation I had six of these attacks and my mother-in-law ,who is a nurse, suspected it was gallstones. So when we got home from vacation I quickly made an appointment and then just had an ultrasound this past Friday. I had not heard back from the doctor regarding the results or the next course of action by Monday, when by then I could not tolerate the pain any longer.

I called the nurse to advise me on what to do next because this time the Aleve I had been taking was not working and I was starting to vomit and feel shaky all over. I was breaking in hot and cold sweats throughout the morning and was sure that I was going to pass out at any moment. She told me to get to the ER stat and off we went. We arrived and I waited briefly and was given morphine for the pain and wheeled in to another room for yet another ultrasound. The ultrasound confirmed that indeed I was suffering from multiple gallstones, I am to meet with the surgeon tomorrow to access situation and to schedule surgery. Thank God!

I have never been so excited to have surgery as I am this time around. I've been feeling like crap for a long time and can only guess that I will be feeling like my old self....soon.

4 Ramble On:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you have been going through so much pain. I am so glad that you finally went in and got to the bottom of things. Relief is coming!!! Poor Lisa.

Let's Talk About Our Day said...

Oh...
I am sooo sorry that you are going through this.
I hope you are pain free very soon!

~Steph said...

I'm hoping the surgery takes care of everything!! Hope you feel better very soon!

Jeanna said...

Hoping the surgery cures all. I hope you are feeling better VERY soon!