Thursday, May 29, 2008

With a Little Help From My Friends

Today I hosted another playdate for my friends. The second one in three weeks. So? Big deal. It's a big deal indeed. You see I have a little problem.... I am a clean-freak. Well.....more of a clutter free freak. I can not absolutely stand clutter. You will rarely see me at outlet stores, garage sales, or checking out the sales rack/bin area. You see those places will put me in a tizzy. And trust me, you don't want to see me in a tizzy.

But gosh darn it, those kids are just so good and carefree that I am able to release my grip momentarily when they are around. I mean look at them:


Who cares if the doll stroller ends up in the macaroni/bean sensory table or if the chalk takes a bake in the play microwave? Those things can easily be put back in their place. Which now leads to my new problem. Imploring that they make a mess, so I can clean it up. It's my new high. I know,I know.... I need a new hobby.

3 Ramble On:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am a neatnik too and clutter drives me crazy. I fight the urge sometimes to follow the kids around picking up after them. I've trained my seven year old to help out and he's getting the hang of it but I often have to force myself to stop and spend time with them rather than make the house perfect. My new mantra is, 'the floor will just get dirty again, do it tomorrow'. BTW, sincere thanks for the ad to your site.

~Steph said...

Lisa....anytime you want to get your cleaning fix, you can head over here...this place is ALWAYS in need of it! :)

Soggy Granola Mom said...

Ack...I hope I am not the Joey.

Thanks for having us ... again.