Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dazed and Confused

Saturday was trash pick up day for our city. It's a very cool service the city provides where you can just put your junk on the curb and the city hauls it off. Well, just the night before, our microwave took a dump and Lisa had placed it out on the curb to be hauled away.

That morning I was up with the girls when they came to pick up. Lisa was taking a little nap. After they picked up, I looked out the window and noticed they hadn't taken the microwave. I said something like, "Crap, they didn't take the microwave." Ava heard me and asked, "Microwave? Microwave in the kitchen" and ran in there to show me where the microwave was. It wasn't there, so she came back in the livivng room and asked where the microwave was. I told her that it had broken the night before and was outside, waiting to be picked up. She said we better go tell Mommy and I told her "Mommy knows." "Oh, okay, daddy" and I thought that was the end of it.

Well, we continued playing or watching TV. When Ava heard Mommy getting up from her nap, she said something like, "We better go get Mommy's nose." I asked her what she said and she pointed to her nose and the pointed outside and said "Mommy's nose." I started laughing and tried to explain that I didn't mean "Mommy's nose," but "Mommy knows." I tried things like "Mommy is aware" and "Mommy knew." All the time she had a smile on her face, but I couldn't tell if she was pulling my leg or not. Either way, I should have started educating her on homophones. Alas, some other day.

Ian

P.S. Don't worry, the microwave was eventually picked up. They must send a separate truck for appliances and whatnot.

2 Ramble On:

lisa said...

yesterday she commented on how she liked my new nose...silly girl

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to keep up with guys- love it!
Aud