Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head

Two weeks into preschool, Ava had her first school field trip. One of the many perks of being a stay at home mom is being able to chaperone ALL field trips. Ava loves it and frankly I enjoy it just as much as she does. For our first field trip, we traveled to the Minnesota Harvest Apple Orchard in Jordan.

Ava getting ready to board the bus.

We sat in the way back so we could bounce all around when going over bumps.

It started raining once we boarded the bus and I was not looking forward to getting all wet. But once we arrived the rain let up a bit and we took the chance to get on the wagon and head out to to pick out some apples.

Loic and JM stayed pretty dry, thanks to their smart planning. Luckily for us, someone had an extra Jumbo umbrella for Ava and I to use.

"Hey Mom, how you like dem apples?"

We got to see a behind the scenes process of what happens to an apple once it is picked and then prepared for use.

Here the tour guide was showing the kids how they are able to peel and de-core 10 apples at one time.

My kid, along with her pals Mason and James, thought blowing around a dead fly was much more interesting.

We ended the tour with a tasty sampling of their apple donuts handed out by Miss Katy.

Despite spilling all her cider, Ava was all smiles at the chance to sit with Mason and his grandmother.

Before we left we had the opportunity to shop around and I bought some apple bread, 1/2 dozen apple donuts, bag of Honey Crisp apples (the tastiest apples evah!) and a pony named Princess.

1 field trip done, only 10 more to go!

6 Ramble On:

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

That looks like fun. I especially like the donuts! It is so fun to be able to go on the field trips. Once they get into grade school they only let 2 parents go on the trips. It seems like a race of the moms to see who will get it first!
Love this season don't you?

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Field trips are the best - but I never take the bus, they give me a headache. Looks like fun.

Jeanette said...

So glad you still had fun, even in the rain!

won said...

Ava---Beautiful name, beautiful girl.

Dawn said...

Apple donuts sound really good. Now I'm hungry for donuts. I think I'm too susceptible to the power of suggestion.

Shannon said...

What a fun day it looks like you all had.

You have been tagged.