Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Once In A Lifetime

What's the last thing you expect to find in the coldest of all winters?




What is that fuzzy blob on that there newspaper, you ask?



A caterpillar!

While we at Ian's parents house over the Christmas break, Papa surprised Ava with a caterpillar that he found in the basement. Ava named him Fuzzy Wuzzy and liked taking him on walks and rubbing his tummy.

" Wow Mom, Fuzzy Wuzzy sure has lots of teats, where are his babies?"

"Those are feet not teats."

"I bet he can run fast!"

As a child I loved playing with caterpillars and it was fun to see Ava enjoying that same love.

Unfortunately, Fuzzy Wuzzy died a week later due to an accidental drowning caused by the poor dexterity of an over enthusiastic 3 year old.

5 Ramble On:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Cute pics. How do such cute things happen to you guys? I know. Because you guys are just cute. Anywho, I think it's called a wooly bear. And you know, we had one of those awful centipedes show up in our basement last month when it was below zero. I'd rather have Fuzzy Wuzzy.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is the cutest stinking little caterpillar!!!! I used to love playing with them, too. Awwww.

Anonymous said...

how did I get here?

lisa said...

"Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down",

Kate Riley said...

I love that little caterpillar. Three year old keep life interesting. I've got one of my own. Great pic.