Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beautiful Boy

I remember in the hospital just after I had Ruby that I immediately wanted another baby. Ian wasn't so sure especially after 4 months of going through the colicky stage with dear Ruby.
So I gave up on the idea of having a third and tried to quiet the mind but I just felt we had one more life to give.
Fast forward 2.5 years (about the time one forgets the hard baby times and relishes in the fun toddlerhood) we had found out Ian's sister was expecting their second child in a few months.My baby pangs were sharp and I told Ian that I wanted to try for a third and that I knew if we got pregnant that it would be a boy. I was sure of it. Two months later, I was pregnant. The girls were very excited and both of them wanted a brother. Ruby always insisted that I was carrying a boy and never thought otherwise.
I was so sure too and went ahead and bought a ton of boy clothes one month before we had an ultrasound.  My intuition was correct and I was indeed bringing a boy into the family.


      Gus Irving Bruins was born October 7th,2010 at a mere 9 lbs 6 oz and 22inches long!






Smiling upon hearing that we were headed home.



             Sleepy head



     Our Peace Loving Guy



          A wish come true.

2 Ramble On:

Sarah said...

Glad you're back, Lisa! And look at that gorgeous baby boy!! Congrats!!! I absolutely adore his name!

Erin said...

Congrats! He is adorable :)